Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Outlet

I've been blogging for a couple years now (sporadically), but it's mostly just been mommy-blogging. It's been great in many ways, and it serves an important purpose in my life, but I'm starting to want more. I want a place where I can call my own. A place that I can junk up with all my projects, and ideas, and blog-stalking finds, and party planning, and anything and everything else that I feel like putting in my place.

This is that place--my outlet.

I'm an accountant by trade. It's not a glamorous job, but it suites me in many ways--and it pays the bills (or at least, some of them). However, it doesn't give me the outlet that I need for the creative. Accounting just isn't creative. It's about rules, and order, and putting numbers in the right little boxes. And believe it or not, I actually find all that stuff fun. But there's more to me than just the mousy accountant (that is, more than meets the eye). And I like to dream too, and I can dream big dreams I tell ya.

And this is my place to write about those dreams, and show pictures of those dreams, and maybe even occasionally to record when I make one of those dreams come true.

Like I said, this place is for me--me, me, me, me--but if you find anything here that interests you, or that helps you to dream just a bit, then you're welcome to join me here. After all, us blog-lurkers have to stick together.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

It's good to have a place just for you! And fun for us too because we get to see what you find!

Katie said...

I love this idea!